The MOA Paraoptometric Section acknowledges the continued support of Sutherlin Optical for their ongoing sponsorship of the Paraoptometric of the Year Award.
Rules for Nominations
1. All nominees must be members of the MOA Paraoptometric Section or have an application in process.
2. The nomination must be submitted by one of the following:
- State, regional, or local paraoptometric or optometric organization
- AOA and/or MOA member optometrist
3. The nominations must be submitted to the Chair of the Awards and Nomination Committee.
4. The nomination must be submitted on the official form with a typewritten substantiation letter attached to the application.
5. Nomination may be submitted in future years.
The judges will select the “Paraoptometric of the Year based on the following criteria:
1. Service to Optometry and to the Paraoptometric Association.
- Contributions of personal effort and time on behalf of the profession’s advancement.
- Service as an officer, committee chairperson, or member of other organizations.
- Promotion of the Association’s goals and programs.
- Activity in support of the Association’s projects.
- Involvement in public information activities.
2. Service to the Public.
- Service to education.
- Service to community.
- Service to religious or service institutions
- Service to charitible causes.