About the Scholarship: The Missouri Optometric Association Auxiliary sponsors two annual scholarships in the amount of $3000.00. These scholarships are awarded to two Missouri residents enrolled in optometry school. The scholarship is awarded on academic achievement, college and community service, and the quality of the required essay.
Deadline for This Year: September 13, 2015
Requirements: Applicants must be enrolled in a school or college of Optometry, have completed two years of optometry school, and be a resident of Missouri for at least 8 years.
Materials to Submit: Please submit with your application the following: curriculum vitae, transcripts for optometry school(s), and an essay.
The Curriculum Vitae must include the following:
- academic honors
- publications and presentations
- academic organization affiliations with offices held and organizational activities
- employment history
- community activities
- all community organization affiliations with offices held and organizational activities
- family members.
The essay should be between 1 to 2 double spaced pages with 10 to 12 point font and must include the following:
- why you chose optometry as your profession
- future practice plans 1, 5, and 10 years from graduation
- brief description of what benefit the scholarship will be to you and your family.
Download the scholarship application if you would like to apply.